This 1-day advanced course has been devised for learners who wish to improve their efficiency and accuracy by building on their existing knowledge.
Delegates should have a working knowledge of InDesign.
Delegates are welcome to bring along projects they may be already working on.
At all stages the opportunity to experiment and practise with new learning techniques will be encouraged.
At the end of the course learners will have learned many time saving techniques as well as best practices to apply when approaching their next project.
To increase the users knowledge of InDesign allowing them to significantly improve speed, accuracy and efficiency when working on new projects.
Throughout the day, handy hints and useful tips will be used.
Working with Colour
- Setting up Colour Management in InDesign
- Colour Managing Imported Images in InDesign
Importing and Modifying Graphics
- Working with Clipping Paths
- Working with Alpha Channels
- Creating a Library
- Placing Native Files
Working with Transparency
- Importing and Colourising Grey-scale Images
- Applying Transparency Settings
- The Effects Panel
Working with Long Documents
- Starting a Book
- Adding Sections to change Page Numbering
- Creating a Running Footer
- Adding a Footnote
- Adding a Cross-Reference
- Synchronising a Book
- Generating a Table of Contents
Output and Exporting
- Previewing Separations
- Previewing How Transparency will be Flattened
- Previewing the Page
- Creating a Drop Cap
- Pre-flighting as You Work
- Creating a Button and Hyperlinks
- Exploring Interactive Features supported for PDF