This 1-day introduction course has been devised for learners new to InDesign who are looking for an overview of what the capabilities of the software are. This course also lends itself to self-taught InDesign users who are looking to improve their workflow and gain some tips on increasing their productivity using InDesign.
A competent level of computer skills would be assumed.
The opportunity to explore beyond the lesson files is available and learners are encouraged to bring along their own sample work.
At all stages the opportunity to experiment and practice with new learning techniques will be encouraged.
At the end of the course learners will be confident in their approach to a new project and have an understanding of the tools available to them in InDesign.
Learners will also be aware of the many other features InDesign has to offer allowing them to explore further at their leisure.
To aquire the skills necessary to create new documents as well as edit exisiting files.
At the end of the one day course the learner will know how to create different documents in a range of sizes.
Populate these documents with text and images.
Manipulate and edit text and images.
Customise and edit existing documents.
- Getting to know the Workspace
- Customising the Workspace
- Navigating through a Document
Setting up a Document
- Creating a New Document
- Creating and Saving Custom Page Settings
- Adding New Pages & Moving Pages
- Working with Master Pages
Working with Frames
- Creating and Editing Text Frames
- Creating and Editing Graphics Frames
- Working with Frames
- Working with Layers
Working with Text
- Creating and Entering Text
- Vertical Text Alignment
- Find and Change
- Spell Check
Working with Typography
- Changing Fonts & Type Style
- Changing Paragraph Alignment
- Adjusting Letter and Word Spacing
Working with Colour
- Creating and Applying Colours
- Creating a Tint
- Applying Colour to Text
Working with Styles
- Creating & Applying Paragraph Styles
- Creating & Applying Character Styles
- Creating & Applying Object Styles
- Loading Styles from another Document
Working with Graphics
- Adding Graphics from other Programs
- Comparing Vector & Bitmap Graphics
- Managing Links to Imported Files
- Adjusting View Quality
How to Output and Export Files
- Live Preflighting Files
- Printing a Laser or Inkjet Proof
- Creating an Adobe PDF Proof